Maritime Training & Simulation
- Providing quality training equipment for the maritime community -
Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
Long a leader in radar simulation, Buffalo Computer Graphics (BCG) also offers a Virtual GMDSS Trainer (see screen shot below) and a realistic GMDSS Training System (see bottom image).
The BCG approach uses computer stimulated Real or Virtual radio panels along with actual INMARSAT terminals, Telex terminals and Navtex receivers. The system provides the user with all the essential elements necessary for training the complexities of GMDSS. This GMDSS Trainer utilizes Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) technology, and no RF emissions! BCG's GMDSS Training System is designed to be compliant with existing performance standards of the international maritime authorities.
Virtual GMDSS Screen Shot
- Realistic or virtual GMDSS equipment operation without live emissions
- Uses Voice Over IP (VOIP) technology with NO RF emissions
- Real or Virtual MF/HF and VHF radio panels with DSC capability
- Automated watch keeping and distress message features
- Realistic voice communications with noise squelch and propagation effects
- Real NAVTEX receiver and printer with all features active
- Real INMARSAT- C, INMARSAT- B and NBDP Telex Terminals with printers
- PC based Instructor control station with Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Dynamic scenarios with moving ships that may be in different problems
- Networked student consoles with graphical presentations of the exercise situation
- EPIRB and SART control. EPIRBs and SARTs may be launched by the student or the instructor. SARTs can also be displayed on a BCG simulated radar
- Modular system that is easily tailored to fit existing budgets and future needs
Virtual GMDSS Console
View more information on BCG's GMDSS simulation abilities.
For additional information on our Virtual GMDSS Simulator, follow this link.