Maritime Training & Simulation
- Providing quality training equipment for the maritime community -
Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
Long a leader in radar simulation, Buffalo Computer Graphics (BCG) also offers a Virtual GMDSS Trainer (see screen shot below) and a realistic GMDSS Training System (see bottom image).
The BCG approach uses computer stimulated Real or Virtual radio panels along with actual INMARSAT terminals, Telex terminals and Navtex receivers. The system provides the user with all the essential elements necessary for training the complexities of GMDSS. This GMDSS Trainer utilizes Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) technology, and no RF emissions! BCG's GMDSS Training System is designed to be compliant with existing performance standards of the international maritime authorities.
Virtual GMDSS Screen Shot
- Realistic or virtual GMDSS equipment operation without live emissions
- Uses Voice Over IP (VOIP) technology
- Real or Virtual MF/HF and VHF radio panels with DSC capability
- Automated watch keeping and distress message features
- Realistic voice communications with noise squelch and propagation effects
- NAVTEX receiver and printer support
- Real INMARSAT- C, INMARSAT- B and NBDP Telex Terminals with printer support
- PC based Instructor control station with Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Dynamic scenarios with moving ships that may be in different problems
- Networked student consoles with graphical presentations of the exercise situation
- EPIRB and SART control. EPIRBs and SARTs may be launched by the student or the instructor. SARTs can also be displayed on a BCG simulated radar (optional)
- Modular system that is easily tailored to fit existing budgets and future needs
Virtual GMDSS Bridge Console
View more information on BCG's GMDSS simulation abilities by clicking here.
For additional information on our Virtual GMDSS Simulator, click on this link.